Our Mission, Vision and Values
A public education system in Washington, D.C., that justly and equitably serves all students.
To recruit, educate, and help elect Democratic and progressive candidates who are committed to creating a public education system in Washington, D.C., that justly and equitably serves all students.
- We are committed to prioritizing the success and well-being of students above all else.
- We are committed to examining our policy priorities continuously to ensure that they are truly student-centered.
- We are committed to defending and advocating for just and effective policies that are in the best interests of students, even if those policies are unpopular or politically inexpedient.
- We are committed to evidence over ideology, and to policy outcomes over political victories.
- We are committed to being anti-racist both in education and in our daily lives.
- We are committed to examining and understanding our work through the lens of equity and racial justice.
- We are committed to breaking down the systemic barriers that perpetuate these injustices and inequities.
- We are committed to including in our policy formation and advocacy efforts the voices of historically marginalized communities.
- We are committed to operating in all aspects of our work with honor and humility.
- We are committed to acknowledging and learning from our past, and to continuously improving, as individuals and as an organization.
- We are committed to working collaboratively, both within our organization and across the ecosystem of education, social-justice advocates, families, and communities.
- We are committed to acknowledging and appreciating all opinions, valuing the diversity of people and perspectives.
- We are committed to understanding and working within the interconnected nature of social justice work, acknowledging that harm and injustice anywhere affects students and families everywhere.