2022 DC General Election Press Statement
For Immediate Release Contact:
Policy and Communications Manager Joshua Hodge
WASHINGTON, D.C. (November 11, 2022) — Jessica Giles, State Director of Democrats for Education Reform D.C. (DFER D.C.), released the following statement after unofficial results from the November General Election:
“With students experiencing unprecedented missed learning and the scourge of gun violence impacting our youth at an all-time high, we need leaders who can get us through this storm – and help us come out of it stronger,” said DFER D.C. State Director Jessica Giles.
“We congratulate DFER D.C. supported education champions: Muriel Bowser, Phil Mendelson, Oye Owolewa, Anita Bonds, Kenyan McDuffie, Eric Goulet, and Brandon Best.
“Additionally, we congratulate all other candidates for winning their races:
- Delegate of the U.S. House of Representatives from D.C: Eleanor Holmes Norton
- Attorney General of D.C.: Brain Schwalb
- Ward 1 D.C. Council: Brianne K. Nadeau
- Ward 3 D.C. Council: Matthew Frumin
- Ward 5 D.C. Council: Zachary Parker
- Ward 6 D.C. Council: Charles Allen
- Ward 1 State Board of Education: Ben Williams
- Ward 5 State Board of Education: Robert Henderson
“As we move forward, we look forward to working collaboratively with all elected officials to ensure the District advances policies that are just and equitable for all students, teachers, and families.”
About DFER D.C.
DFER D.C. is dedicated to eliminating racial inequity and discrimination in the D.C. public education system by supporting leaders who champion student-centered policies.
Visit www.dferdc.org for more information.News & Press